Your opportunity to be part of supporting refugees as they arrive and settle in New Zealand
Refugees as Survivors New Zealand is seeking a Clinical Team Leader who is passionate about working in this dynamic area and contributing to the successful resettlement of newly arrived and resettled refugees in New Zealand.
Refugees as Survivors New Zealand (RASNZ) provides specialist mental health, assessment, treatment and referral services for all incoming United Nations Quota Refugees. RASNZ functions as a national resource for those involved with refugees, asylum seekers and victims of torture and severe trauma.
We also provide specialist mental health and wellbeing services to anybody from a former refugee background who has settled in Auckland.
The Clinical Team Leader oversees and supports staff in the day-to-day clinical operations of the agency and manages liaison with partner agencies onsite at Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre. In addition to providing leadership and coordination, the Clinical Team Leader has a direct clinical role and works with clients in individual, family and group contexts. The work is challenging, varied and highly rewarding for those wishing to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment as part of a committed and passionate team.
Position is full time – closing date Friday 5th July 2019.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A high level of competence in the assessment and treatment of clients who have experienced trauma
- Experience managing clinical teams in the community
- A background in working with culturally and linguistically diverse clients
- The ability to liaise and work with a range of organisations and agencies at the Resettlement Centre and in the community
- The confidence to participate in research, capacity building and training for staff from other agencies who work with refugee clients
- Capacity to form collaborative relationships with professional colleagues, carers, relatives, and clients
- Evidence of ability to formulate and articulate sound judgements based on analysis and interpretation of a range of complex information in clinical work, drawing both on clinical observation and relevant theoretical models
- New Zealand professional body registration
- Post graduate clinical qualification
- Experience with children and young people an advantage
- Five + years’ experience post qualification
We offer a generous professional development and annual leave package alongside a competitive salary.
- Cover letter
- Copy of NZ Registration
- Two referees
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Contact: Denise@rasnz.co.nz or phone (09) 270 0870