- This event has passed.
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples Practitioner Training, Auckland
April 3 @ 9:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm$850 – $1400
The Emotionally Focused Therapy 4 Day Externship is designed to equip professionals to work more effectively with couples. This is an ‘Endorsed Clinical Externship’ and provides a step towards becoming a certified EFT therapist.
- Developed by Dr Sue Johnson
- A short term, focused treatment that blends family systems and experiential approaches to therapy with attachment theory
- Showing strong empirical evidence for positive client outcomes
- Reflecting the most recent research on the nature of relationship distress, of adult love, and of emotion
- At the leading/emergent edge of relationship therapy internationally
- Participants learn to:
- Conceptualise relationship distress and repair based on theories of attachment and emotion
- Build strong therapeutic alliances utilising finely tuned validation and careful attunement
- Help partners access the more vulnerable emotions underlying repetitive destructive cycles
- Shape new patterns of engagement by creating powerful enactments
Yve Gould is a Certified Emotionally Focused Therapy Trainer, whose trainer certification was personally reviewed and approved by Dr. Sue Johnson. She is an experienced therapist, teacher, facilitator and supervisor. Yve was mentored by Dr. Rebecca Jorgensen throughout her Certification as EFT Trainer, Supervisor and Therapist. More recently, Yve was also mentored by Dr. Jennifer Fitzgerald in Australia. Yve has been fortunate to co-teach in the training of EFT therapists in Hawaii, Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane. Yve will continue to train in both Australia and New Zealand in 2019 and will also continue to collaborate with Dr. Jorgensen in on-line training and learning. Yve is also a Registered Psychotherapist with a master’s degree in Counselling and a graduate Diploma of Teaching.
Yve Gould is assisted in this training by Heike McCahon (Trainer-in-Training).
Day 1: Introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy. Systemic approach, experiential process, psychology of adult attachment and emotion, neurobiology of attachment. Overview: The Three Stages and 9 Steps of EFT.
Day 2: EFT Stage One: EFT assessment, alliance building, identifying the cycle. Live couple counselling session.
Day 3: EFT Stage Two: EFT interventions, change events. Live couple counselling session.
Day 4: EFT Stage Three – Steps 8 and 9. Trauma and attachment. Attachment injuries – Forgiveness and Reconciliation. Becoming an EFT Therapist