- This event has passed.
Loss of libido and differences in desire, Auckland
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$285
Loss of Libido and Differences in Desire: What can we do to help?
A resident of Perth Australia, Dr Vivienne Cass is a longstanding therapist, researcher and widely published author (“Elusive Orgasm”, “There’s more to sex than AIDS: the A-Z Guide to Safe Sex”).
Lack of interest in sex, discrepancies in desire and differing sexual preferences are common experiences and may frequently lead to distress and conflict in relationships. These difficulties can also challenge us as therapists in terms of how best to assist those that present for help. The aim of this workshop is to provide an overview of these complex issues for individual and couple therapists and will specifically address:
LACK OF INTEREST IN SEX
Why is lack of interest in sex more of a woman’s than a man’s issue? And what can we do to help anyone for whom this is a problem? There are many factors leading to the loss of, or lack of interest in sex and several of these may interact to reduce or prevent sexual interest. These need to be carefully teased out before any attempts are made to help those who find this a problem.
DIFFERENT SEXUAL PREFERENCES IN RELATIONSHIPS
Partners in a relationship often differ in their sexual expectations, preferred repertoire, emotional and cognitive responses, what they find attractive and many other aspects of sexual engagement. These differences often lead to conflict, affairs and degrading of the relationship. Helping individuals and couples through these issues requires a clear assessment be made of what is underlying the conflict and differences before strategies can be applied to resolve the issues.
This program is often seen as important to solving sexual problems and is used by many sexual therapists. Done well, it can be a useful part of sexual therapy. However, it’s purpose and principals are often poorly understood, leading to it being wrongfully or badly applied to sexual problems.
Please email name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: Internet banking: 02-0432-0070870-002
Please use your first and last name as reference for Sex Therapy New Zealand
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Registration confirmation: on receipt of payment.
- Cancellations 30 days prior to the event: A $75.00 cancellation fee applies. Participants must notify Sex Therapy New Zealand, (STNZ Ltd) in writing via email.
- Cancellations 14-29 days prior to the event: A cancellation fee of 50% of workshop price. Participants must notify Sex Therapy New Zealand Ltd in writing via email.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the event: No refund. Full fees apply. Participants must notify Sex Therapy New Zealand Ltd in writing via email.
- Transfer of registration to another person: Registrations can be transferred in full to another person on notification to Sex Therapy New Zealand Ltd. Where a participant can attend part of the training, transfer of the remainder of the registration is not possible. Participants must notify Sex Therapy New Zealand Ltd in writing via email.
NUMBERS ARE LIMITED SO SECURE YOUR PLACE EARLY