- Join NZAP
- Members' Information
- AGM Reports
- Waka Oranga
- Becoming Bicultural
- eMail Groups
- Expenses Claims
- NZAP Regions
- Psychotherapists Board
- Public Issues
- Roll of Honour
- Professional Development & Supervision
- Study Fund
- NZAP Register
Study Assisted Fund
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference:
The Special Education Fund was established in 1992 using the profit made from the Dunedin Conference in that year. The Fund has grown with the addition of successive Conference profits and accruing annual interest. It now stands at more than $150,000. The total amount of the grants available will vary from year to year and has, in the past, been around $5000. A Committee of four to five members appointed by the NZAP Council manage the application process.
The Fund is available to provide financial assistance to members for educational purposes from which there are personal and collective (NZAP) clinical practice benefits or initiatives that bring general advantages to the promotion of psychotherapy. Projects may include:
- a specific training course, or
- attending appropriate study courses, or
- carrying out an approved research project
• Full members of NZAP
• Full members of Waka Oranga
• Retired members
• Provisional members
• Group – awarded to one member on behalf of the group, the majority of whom belong to one or other above-mentioned categories of membership.
Please note previous recipients of this fund are not precluded from applying in the future.
The money available each year is from the accrued interest from the fund. Should not all the interest be awarded in one year, the balance will be added to the sum available in the following year.
• Study proposal to be sent to the Executive Officer by 1 November with the request for funding assistance for the following year. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Education Fund Committee will make a decision by the end of November, and the funding will only be available in the nominated year which would normally be the year following the application.
• The Committee will notify the applicant(s), whether or not they have been successful, before the end of the year.
• Successful applicant(s) will be announced at the annual NZAP conference and the grant money distributed at that time.
• The decision of the Committee will be final.
The committee will require the following information
- A clear, succinct explanation in one or two pages of the specific course or research project planned,
- A letter of recommendation from your Supervisor
- A copy of the proposed budget, including other sources of funding
- Current membership status
There is an expectation that recipients of an Education Fund Grant will –
• Commit to presenting a paper or workshop following completion of their study at an NZAP Conference, Waka Oranga hui-a-tau (annual gathering) or at their local branch meeting.
• And/or agree to write a paper for the next edition of Ata: Journal of Psychotherapy Aotearoa or the quarterly NZAP Newsletter.
The Grant is not primarily intended for:
• Accommodation/meal costs
• Cost of books
EDUCATION FUND COMMITTEE