Financial assistance to members
(passed March 2010 Council meeting)
- In time of financial hardship, a member of any status can apply to have their membership fee waived for one year. Any member can do this a maximum of twice during the course of their membership, but not in two consecutive years. It would be granted without any criteria.
Memorandum of Understanding with NZAC
- The MoU with NZAC will be put on the website.
Keeping client records
(discussed Council meeting July ’08, following query from member)
- Records should be kept for ten years (seven years under Civil Law)
Parameters for speaking out
(Council passed two motions in 2006 as follows)
- That Council gives the Public Issues Committee the mandate to speak on behalf of the Public Issues Committee of NZAP and make statements to the media and also to consult with the President and Executive to make statements when deemed appropriate until further notice.
- That the Council of NZAP encourages members, office bearers and committees to speak out publicly on issues of concern, bearing in mind their accountability to the membership.
- NZAP opposes any therapy based upon the assumption that homosexuality is a mental disorder or that a person should change his or her sexual orientation.
- NZAP supports the principle of statutory regulation of psychotherapy.
- At the AGM at Tauranga in 2000, the motion was put “That this Association seek Occupational Registration through Parliamentary Regulation”, moved by Paul Bailey, seconded by Fay Danvers, carried unanimously.
- The Council of NZAP supports co-operative dialogue with the Psychotherapy Registration Board of Aotearoa New Zealand.