Part time Daytime Position (25 hours/week) – North Shore
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides crisis counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual harm either recently or in the past. Our service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
Our Crisis Team is looking for a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist or psychologist, preferably with post-qualifying experience to join our all women team to work mainly from our Albany office. Training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is not necessary but a definite advantage.
This role involves working on a Monday morning at our Mt Eden office and a minimum of 3 selected shifts during the day, Monday through Friday based in Albany. You will be providing support for survivors of sexual assault in both historical and acute incidents which includes crisis response, interventions and support on our 24/7 crisis line. This role involves working with the Police, MEDSAC staff, phone counselling and support, referrals and face to face crisis support sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
- Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
- Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
- Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
- Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
- Excellent communication and good advocacy skills
- Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
- Current driver’s license and ownership of legal vehicle available for work use
- NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy (only applications with relevant qualifications will be considered)
- Member of a NZ professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology governing body
Please email email@example.com with CV and cover letter as soon as possible.