Counsellor, psychotherapist, or psychologist, full-time
Want to lead a great team and make a real difference?
We are seeking a skilled and inspirational person to lead our team of experienced clinicians providing service to survivors of sexual violence.
We are looking for:
- Significant clinical experience, including work with individuals and families and provision of supervision.
- Skills and knowledge of trauma therapy and the needs of survivors of sexual violence
- Cultural/ethnic sensitivity and awareness of Te Tiriti O Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi principles.
- Feminist understanding of the use and misuse of interpersonal power.
- Capacity to lead and inspire and to work collaboratively.
- Resilience in the face of interpersonal violence and its impacts on self and the team.
- Experience in managing a budget, reporting to funders and maintaining legal compliance.
- Good organizational skills.
HELP provides services to survivors of sexual violence – serving the women and children of Auckland since 1982.
Range of services:
- 24/7 telephone support
- Support at forensic medical examinations, police interviews, and court processes.
- Counselling and psychotherapy for survivors, family and friends – children, young people and adults.
- Family reconciliation following intra-familial abuse, if appropriate.
- Personal safety programme We Can Keep Safe for preschool children and their parents and caregivers.
As a well-established community agency, we offer the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team in a stimulating and supportive work environment
Please email for JD then send CV + covering letter to Kathryn McPhillips: email@example.com
Ring 09-623 1316 ext 8007 for further information.