Each workshop will contain a combination of:
- Theoretical teaching, which will always be applied to practice; readings will be provided. 30 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- Process group. 21 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- Supervision of group practice (any type from psychoeducational to process group). 21 sessions of 1.5 hours.
The goal in these ongoing workshops is to:
- Deepen your understanding and knowledge of group processes, especially unconscious group processes
- Highlight the impact your behaviour has on others especially in group settings
- Give you greater sensitivity to how others impact you
- Learn more about how to be an effective leader and/or group member
- Ongoing learning about interventions that suit you and your group(s)
8-12 (consistent throughout the two years):
- People who are currently involved in facilitating/conducting or participating any kind of group (as long as there is process involved)
- Must belong to a professional clinical organisation and/or be registered
- Interviews may be required before acceptance on the course.
Dr Margot Solomon has been facilitating groups since 1985 and teaching most of her adult life. She is currently a member of GASi, NZAP, IARPP and the Australian Association of Group Psychotherapy (AAGP), and a training co-ordinator for AAGP. Margot was a member of the Psychotherapy teaching staff at AUT for 26 years.
Friday 2:00pm – 8pm, Saturday 9:30-5:30, Sunday 9-12:30
8 weekends over two years.
Please make a commitment to all the workshops.
1st year (2021-2022):
Sept 10, 11, 12
Nov, 26, 27, 28
Feb 11, 12, 13
May 27, 28, 29
2nd year (2022-2023):
Aug 19, 20, 21
Nov 11, 12, 13
Feb 17, 18, 19
May 12, 13, 14
Note: online meetings may be arranged in between these dates in consultation with participants.
$500 payable prior to each workshop or $3600 for all eight workshops payable in advance.
Please contact Margot Solomon on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:+6421997570
This programme is endorsed by AAGP: groupanalysis.com.au