Each workshop will contain a combination of:
- Theoretical teaching–which will always be applied to practice; readings will be provided.–30 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- Process group –21 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- Supervision of group practice (any type from psychoeducational to process group)–21 sessions of 1.5 hours.
The goal in these ongoing workshops is to:
- Deepen your understanding and knowledge of group processes, especially unconscious group processes
- Highlight the impact your behaviour has on others especially in group settings
- Give you greater sensitivity to how others impact you
- Learn more about how to be an effective leader and/or group member
- Ongoing learning about interventions that suit you and your group(s).
8-12 (consistent throughout the 2 years)
- People who are currently involved in facilitating/conducting or participating in any kind of group (as long as there is process involved)
- Must belong to a professional clinical organisation and/or be registered
- Interviews may be required before acceptance on the course.
Date and time
Friday 3:00pm-9pm, Saturday 9:30am-5:30pm, Sunday 9am-12:30pm
8 weekends over two years. Please make a commitment to all the workshops.
1st year (2022): Feb 11, 12, 13; May 27, 28, 29; Aug 19, 20, 21; Nov 11, 12, 13
2nd year (2023): dates to be confirmed
Dr Margot Solomon has been facilitating groups since 1985 and teaching most of her adult life. She is currently a member of GASi, NZAP, IARPP and Australian Association of Group Psychotherapy (AAGP), and training co-ordinator for AAGP. Margot was a member of the Psychotherapy teaching staff at AUT for 26 years.
$4000.00: $500 payable prior to each workshop or $3600 for all eight workshops payable in advance.
If you are interested please contact Margot Solomon on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:+6421997570
This programme is endorsed by AAGP: groupanalysis.com.au