St Peter’s, Cambridge is an outstanding Independent Year 7-13 co-educational school, with a growing roll currently at 1230 students. St Peter’s offer world class facilities situated in a unique environment and is “home” for over 450 boarders.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Wellbeing Centre team at St Peter’s, Cambridge. We are seeking a Counsellor with qualifications in Social Work/Counselling/Psychotherapy and/or Psychology.
You must be someone who is supportive of our school’s Christian special character.
This is a fixed term role covering Parental Leave for 12 months.
We are looking for a motivated professional with the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Professional membership;
- Engaged in external clinical supervision;
- Passionate about providing a meaningful and supportive Counselling environment for our day and boarding students;
- Familiar with strengths-based practice principles;
- Experience and competency in working therapeutically with young people;
- Empathetic, approachable and compassionate;
- Awareness of the issues facing young people today;
- Respect and understanding for cultural and gender differences;
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Good working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office, predominantly Outlook and Word.
At St Peter’s we have an exceptional work environment in beautifully landscaped grounds. We offer excellent employment benefits including, access to our gym and pool facilities, staff lunches, and a culture which values excellence. You will work in a collaborative team who are committed to making a difference in the lives of young people.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to take up a new challenge, apply now!
Position to commence as soon as possible
Applications close on 30 August 2021 at 12noon.
Please include a covering letter, and CV with details of three referees.
To apply please visit www.stpeters.school.nz