Dealing with the shock, hurt, anger, defensiveness and confusion around infidelity is one of the most challenging things to have in your therapy room. Learn how it can also be one of the most rewarding! Whether you work with couples or individuals this workshop will increase your confidence and your competence in addressing this complex and emotionally-charged issue.
In this dynamic and practical two-day workshop you will learn key assessment targets and straight-forward interventions that can settle your client(s) right down and give them the best possible chance to turn this crisis into growth, learning and deeper intimacy.
Topics covered will include:
- How to talk about and deal with trust issues
- Assessing which of the many flavours and faces of infidelity you are dealing with
- Tailoring interventions to a person’s developmental level
- Helping both parties to have a realistic and deep understanding of how and why the infidelity happened
- Recognising and naming who is responsible for what – working with infidelity in the context of broader relationship dynamics
- What is and what isn’t a deal breaker
- Working with extreme emotional responses
- The impact on YOU of this issue – your views and history with infidelity and trust
Nic Beets is one of the very few clinical psychologists in NZ who specialises in couple, relationship and sex therapy. As well as being a director of RTI, offering training in the Developmental Model, Nic works online with couples at www.RelationshipWork.nz. With over 30 years of specialist clinical practice, extensive training in the USA and having run many successful trainings all around New Zealand, he is recognised as a leader in the field. Boost your confidence as you learn from his hard-won experience about what does and doesn’t work when the foundations of a relationship get rocked.
Dates: 26 & 27 September
Venue: Sorrento in the Park, One Tree Hill, Auckland
Cost: $500 incl GST till 29th August ($550 after)
Includes delicious Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Tea