The University of Otago, Wellington is offering Australasia’s first university-based postgraduate training in EMDR Therapy. This comprehensive course covers the full EMDR Basic Training with some expansion of key topics. It is designed for Aotearoa New Zealand’s unique culture and provides a great opportunity for mental health professionals to upskill in this important area.
Applications are now open at otago.ac.nz/emdr
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) is one of only two therapeutic interventions recommended by the World Health Organisation for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is increasingly also used for the treatment of other anxiety-based disorders.
Key points of Otago’s new EMDR training programme:
- Online lectures start in the first semester of 2024
- Available to practicing mental health professionals – refer website for eligibility criteria
- Tailored to Aotearoa New Zealand’s culture and population
- Taught by leading EMDR Therapy educator, Dr Tom Flewett
- Compulsory attendance required at two 2½ day block courses in Wellington, the first block teaching will be in March 2024; the second block teaching in early August 2024
- EMDR supervision and consultation is included
- Advanced training also available from 2024
We invite you to consider how building knowledge and skills in EMDR Therapy can help improve outcomes for your patients and community.
With high demand for EMDR training in New Zealand, we urge those interested in applying to please view our website: otago.ac.nz/emdr for full details. Places are limited. If you have questions regarding the programme or application process, please email us at email@example.com.