- This event has passed.
Beyond Stress Management workshop, Wellington
October 9, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$290
Presented by Dr Louisa Walker
How do we find peace-of-mind, balance and renewed enthusiasm for our career despite the daily challenges encountered in performing a demanding role in a high stress field?
Many professionals struggle to maintain their energy, motivation and a positive outlook given the pace of change, the constant challenge and the high demands of caring for others and managing risk on a daily basis.
This workshop offers both the theory and practice of “burnout prevention and treatment” including practical strategies from behavioural science, neuropsychology and innovative models designed to optimize performance. You will learn skills that will make a significant difference no matter how challenging your workplace environment.
The Beyond Stress Management: Burnout Prevention and Treatment seminar covers:
- What resilience is and what it isn’t
- How to rediscover purpose and meaning in your work
- Strategies to better manage challenge and change
- The neuroscience of wellbeing and high motivation
- Positive psychology, high performance and work satisfaction
- How to build optimism and increased happiness no matter what
- How to change your perspective and cultivate creativity
- How to develop stress-hardy beliefs
- Simple strategies to increase your happiness at work
Dr Louisa Walker
Dr Louisa Walker brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the trainings she presents. She received her Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Idaho with a research emphasis on both cross-cultural and biological psychology. She has 20 years of clinical experience working extensively with GPs and specialists to build innovative treatment models to integrate psychological services into general practice medicine.
Louisa has been a consultant to the Hawkes Bay DHB Acute Mental Health Service, and the Clinical Manager for a Ministry of Health-funded suicide bereavement service. She currently provides training for a wide variety of organisations including New Zealand Government, NGOs, PHOs, GPs and other health professional groups.
Please click here to register.