Climate change and wellbeing seminar, Dunedin
May 17 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$210
Environmental challenges are increasingly impacting our clients and our agencies. “People in Place” is a positive, holistic approach that stimulates creative responses. This seminar will enable you to develop your own ‘green’ practice and to start formulating a sustainability map for your agency.
- Sustainability for community services
- Reducing carbon and waste
- Client wellbeing and climate anxiety
- Climate change risks and inequalities
- Kaitiakitanga: bicultural perspectives, with guest speaker Wayne TeKaawa
- Personal resilience
Includes morning & afternoon tea & a delicious lunch and time to be refreshed in the green and serene Leith Valley! Certificate issued for professional development (7 hours).
Silvia Purdie is a sustainability consultant, trainer, counsellor and ordained minister. She is passionate about resourcing the social sector for environmental responsibility.