- This event has passed.
Imago Fundamentals, Auckland
June 18 @ 10:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm$425 – $495
Imago Fundamentals – A specialist training in working with couples
No matter if you are working with individuals or couples, you will be working with relationships. Learn how to intervene with skill and attunement.
The aim of this training is to improve your effectiveness in working with couples. Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) is a coherent, comprehensive and dynamic theory and practice, offering an effective, research-based method for working with couples. Learn how to offer couples systematic, structured support to transform painful dynamics, create safety and connection, and increase passion, whilst guiding them toward greater understanding of their attachment and other developmental needs. There is an option, following this Two Day Training to participate in further training to become a Certified Imago Therapist.
How will you benefit?
- Be introduced to the theory and practice of Imago Relationship Therapy, including demonstration and practice of Imago Dialogue
- Understand the stages of relationship from romantic love through disconnection, frustration and conflict, to restored connection and mature love
- Learn how to incorporate understandings from neuroscience in your work with couples
- Learn how to coach attuned, connectional experiences for couples
- Learn how to hold couples safely in processes which offer them the opportunity and capacity to make sense of their negative interactional cycles
Brenda Rawlings (MNZAC) and Peter McMillan (MNZAC): Clinical Instructors, Imago International Training Institute
Brenda and Peter are amongst New Zealand’s leading relationship experts. They have been specialising in working with couples since 1998 and present Imago Clinical Training for Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Counsellors in both New Zealand and Australia. Their trainings have also been well received internationally. They have also participated in trainings in most major couples modalities and bring this expertise into this dynamic two day training. Brenda was Dean of the Imago International Training Institute (USA) from 2011 to 2016 and recipient of the Harville Hendrix Award for Clinical Excellence, 2013.
$425 early bird (to 18 May) or $495 standard fee.
To register, please visit the Imago Institute for Relationships website.