Intimacy: A workshop on couples therapy, Dunedin
October 12 @ 9:30 am - October 13 @ 4:30 pm$360 – $420
Sean Tonnet is a psychotherapist with over 12 years experience and 6000 case hours working with couples. On the invitation of local therapist Brian Hunt, Sean is bringing his highly regarded and affordable workshop to New Zealand for the first time, offering therapists an effective and transferable skill set in working with couples.
This 2 day informative, interactive and experiential small group workshop will provide therapists an understanding of working with couples from a Gestalt and Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) perspective. It will provide participants with knowledge on the emotionally focused and attachment oriented approaches of EFT weaved through the phenomenological, dialogic and relational aspects of Gestalt couples therapy.
It will include live demonstrations with real couples on both days!
Workshop outcomes include:
- Understand, recognise and work with destructive couples cycles and
- how to support de-escalation and reconnection
- Look at the intersection of neurobiology, attachment theory and couples therapy
- Recognise the differences and similarities of couples and individual therapy
- Look at the use of experiential interventions within couples therapy
- Assimilating the somatic, systemic and behavioural work of other therapies
- Working with and supporting complex couples’ issues
Early Bird $360 (until early September)
Full Fee: $420 (from early September)
Program fee include program materials, morning and afternoon teas.
This workshop is being supported by Quest Dunedin with reduced accommodation options for participants.