QPR Advanced Suicide Risk Management training, Auckland
October 3 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$320
Presented by Louisa Walker PhD
QPR is an internationally-renowned, peer-reviewed and evidence-based suicide prevention training programme designed to train healthcare professionals in how to provide competent suicide risk detection, initial assessment, and intervention to prevent the risk of a suicide attempt.
Many professionals have a high degree of on-the-job exposure to patients with suicidal behaviours,both in the pre-attempt phase (when suicidal persons are communicating suicide intent and desire via suicide warning signs), and after a suicide attempt.
QPR Suicide Screening and Triage training includes training on the use of a structured interview process to gather data that flows into a ‘decision tree’. This then leads the interviewer to establish a crisis management plan or intervention for the person who is at risk for suicide.
This triage process is a systematic and evidence-based process for determining level of risk and the subsequent level of intervention required. It also helps determine the need for, plan and carry out a referral for further evaluation and or treatment.
The QPR Advanced Suicide Risk Management and Triage seminar covers:
- Size and scope of suicide in New Zealand
- Risk factors for suicide
- Relationship of mental illness to suicide
- Current status of suicide risk assessment
- How to Question suicidal persons
- How to Persuade them to accept help
- How to Refer them to resources
- How to determine immediate risk for suicide
- Learning “How to Ask the Suicide Question”
- Learning triage questions, rationale and samples
$320 inc GST (includes course workbook and other resources)
Please click here to register.