- This event has passed.
QPR Advanced Youth Suicide Risk Assessment, Wellington
September 18 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$320
This QPR Advanced Level training, with a specific focus on child and youth suicide risk management and mental health issues, will provide in–‐depth information on a range of topics specific to child and youth suicide intervention.
This workshop includes training on the use of a structured interview process to gather data that leads the interviewer to establish a crisis management plan or intervention for the person who is at risk for suicide.
This triage process is a systematic and evidence-based process for determining level of risk and the subsequent level of intervention required. It also helps determine the need for, plan and carry out a referral for further evaluation and or treatment. Additional information and skills training will cover topics including suicide contagion, self-‐‐harm, child and adolescent presentations of depression and anxiety, suicidal communications and, most importantly, how to talk to children and adolescents about suicide.
QPR Advanced Youth Suicide Assessment and Intervention Training covers:
- Suicide contagion
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Relationship of mental illness to suicide in children and adolescents
- Suicide risk assessment interviews for youth
- How to talk with young people about suicide
- How to determine immediate risk for suicide
- Evidence-based treatment options and outcomes for children and adolescents with depression and anxiety
Please click here to register.