This award is made in the name of Haare Williams who has been the Pae Arehi for the New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists Te Rōpū Whakaora Hinengaro for many years.
Terms of Reference
The Award will be made in recognition of the advancing of bicultural relationships within the Association and/or psychotherapy.
- Nominations will be called for by Council annually from the membership at large. These will be submitted through the Regional Branch, accompanied by a letter outlining the services the nominee has provided in furthering the development of bicultural relationships within the Association and/or psychotherapy.
- On occasion, persons who are not members of the Association may be nominated.
- Nominees may be individuals or a group.
- Nominations will be received by the Honorary Secretary.
- A committee composed of equal numbers of Te Tiriti and Bicultural Advisory Committee and Māori (Waka Oranga members) will consider the nominations and forward a single recommendation to Council
- Council will confirm the nominee for the award.
- Where possible and appropriate the Te Tohu o te Pihi Award will be presented at a celebration during the next NZAP Conference.
- There is no obligation upon Council to make any award in a particular year.
- Te Tohu o te Pihi Award shall comprise a framed certificate.