Seeking a Senior Psychotherapist
The position is full-time. However, we would consider a 0.8 FTE for the right person.
Our philosophy: We have a multidisciplinary model of care that rests on the foundations of Manaakitanga Kindness, Hauora Wellbeing, and Aroha love.
Senior Psychotherapist Position:
- To manage and lead a team of psychodynamic psychotherapists’, a narrative therapist, and supervise psychotherapy students.
- Manage and triage referrals to the counselling team.
- To hold your own caseload of clients with complex needs.
- Ideally would have experience in facilitating group psychotherapy and group work.
- To provide relevant clinical insights to the multidisciplinary team.
- Facilitate education sessions for staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- A commitment to their ongoing professional and personal development.
- The capacity to work compassionately with people who are suffering, those who are dying, and people that are grieving.
- The ability to work with a variety of people and cultures.
- Can communicate effectively and respectfully across different disciplines to promote excellence in client care.
- You must have a formal qualification in psychotherapy and be registered with PBANZ. Membership with NZAP is also an expectation.
- Team leadership experience is preferrable.
About Dove Hospice and Wellbeing:
We specialize in holistic care that enhances well-being from the diagnosis of a life-threatening illness. We support people for whom a ‘cure’ or remission is anticipated, and we support people whose illness is life limiting.
Dove is a charity that has supported the community for over thirty years. We offer a range of services including body therapies, in-patient and out-patient palliative care, psychotherapy and counselling, and a mix of therapeutic and support groups
Benefits of working at dove:
- Working with a team of supportive health professionals with a high degree of expertise in their chosen fields of practice.
- An opportunity to contribute to an upcoming cutting-edge research project.
- Fortnightly external supervision and PBANZ fees.
- Regular in-service education that is responsive to the needs of the team.
- You will enjoy free car parking and use of the company car for any community visits.
Please send you covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org