- This event has passed.
Creative small group-work & circletime for children’s emotional well-being course, Auckland
March 30 @ 9:30 am - March 31 @ 3:30 pm$399
- Do you have tamariki that you know would benefit from additional support to develop behavioural and emotional competencies?
- Would you like to enhance your skills to support tamariki through meaningful, purposeful and creative small group work and class circletime?
APTE can help you utilise an arts and play approach, with small group facilitation or whole class circletime, to support students mental health and well-being as they problem solve together, practise interpersonal skills, strengthen resilience and improve behaviour.
This course will help you deliver the Child and Youth Well-being strategy.
This course will enable participants in schools and children‘s service settings to know how to:
- Plan, implement and evaluate for successful outcomes
- Use play and art materials to communicate feelings
- Plan for the stages of group life or class circletime
- Support individual targets and group aims
- Get started with directive techniques to build rapport and trust
- Integrate ‘Quality Circle Time’ rituals for structure and safety
- Utilise the group dynamics to build relationship skills
- Involve parents and carers in evaluation and feedback
- Create an atmosphere of fun, warmth and praise
- Get them back next week!
Who would benefit?
This course will enable adults with responsibility to promote positive health and well-being for tamariki in their care. The group and circletime techniques can be adapted for use within the classroom and individual therapeutic work.
Teachers, teacher aides, SENCO’s, Wellbeing and pastoral care leaders, RTLB’s, SWiS’s, school counsellors, arts and play therapists, youth workers.