Counsellor (Eating Disorders)
Sefton, North Canterbury (35 mins north of Christchurch)
Part time (3 – 4 days per week)
$34-35 per hour
Start Date: December 2023
The deadline for applications is 14th December 2023.
Bring your expertise, knowledge and skills to help make a difference to the way we approach recovery for eating disorders. Recovered Living NZ offers world-class treatment for all New Zealanders in a home-style environment using the latest evidence-based practice, modelling successful residential eating disorder treatment programmes in America. We have a multidisciplinary advisory team of highly trained eating disorder professionals are currently recruiting an additional therapist to add to our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Therapists will hold a caseload of no more than 4 clients at a time, seeing residential clients for several individual sessions each week. Facilitating daily group therapy sessions, providing meal support and assisting clients in exposure therapy around food (i.e. meal preparation) is part of the daily therapist role. Therapy shifts are rostered to be typically a mix of daytime and evening hours. Our programme runs 365 days of the year therefore at times rostered shifts may fall on public holidays.
We are seeking individuals who are engaging, motivating and creative, who have the ability to connect with a diverse range of clients. You will have strong boundaries balanced with empathy, and a healthy relationship with both food and body image. You will have a recognised bachelor or masters level qualification and membership of the applicable professional body in Psychotherapy or Counselling or as well as a full New Zealand Driver’s Licence. Other suitably qualified and experienced therapists with registration of their relevant professional body may apply.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Facilitation of individual and family/whānau therapy sessions
• Facilitation of group therapy with clients and their family/whānau
• Provision of meal support and other therapeutic exposures
• Report weekly at multidisciplinary team meetings as to client progress
• Assist in the creation of client treatment plans
• Accompany clients on outings into town
• From time to time, you will be required to perform duties outside of your normal job description
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Committed to working to uphold the Treaty of Waitangi and understand the importance of partnership and cultural safety
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Shows initiative and is naturally empathetic with good boundaries
• Has a positive relationship with food and body image
• Demonstrated experience working in a team
• Experience and interest in working with eating disorders
• Experience working with trauma, addictions, anxiety, depression, OCD and common co-occurring disorders is preferred
ABOUT THE CULTURE:
RLNZ is a community of people that care about our clients and about each other. Values we consider essential to a strong community are connection, integrity & living with intention. We incorporate a Health At Every Size, non-diet philosophy, and pride ourselves in our firm belief in all clients ability to be fully recovered. We welcome applicants with lived experience. Any staff who identify as being fully recovered from an eating disorder, must have been so for a minimum of three years.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
RLNZ values equality and diversity in the work community. We welcome applicants from different backgrounds, such as people of different ages, different genders and members of different cultural or minority groups. Current knowledge working with the LGBTQIA+ community preferred.
NB: all successful employees or contractors are required to pass a pre employment drug test, and a police check. We are a smoke and vape free workplace.
Applicants, please send your cover letter and resume addressed to Kristie Amadio, with the contact phone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees. Applicants whom we wish to connect with further will be contacted within 5 days of the closing date of this advertisement. Email email@example.com
For information about our programme please visit www.recoveredlivingnz.com